What is the Difference Between JEE and NEET?
Published on : 06-07-2022
Students who are beginning to consider their future careers might be confused about the various competitive exams, particularly JEE and NEET, as they are some of the most important exams in India. The main difference between JEE and NEET is of course that JEE is for engineering and NEET is for medicine. There are some other key differences between JEE and NEET. These are explained below:
JEE Mains and NEET will focus on the Class 11 and Class 12 NCERT syllabus only. However, there is a vast difference in difficulty with regards to the questions appearing in JEE Mains and NEET. Questions appearing in the JEE Mains is significantly more difficult than the questions appearing for NEET.
There is also a difference in the paper pattern itself between JEE Mains and NEET.
- All subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) will have Section A and Section B.
- Section A has 20 MCQs and Section B has 10 numerical. All questions from Section A are mandatory, but students need only to answer 5/10 questions from section B.
- Therefore, the total number of questions to be answered is 20 x 3 = 60 + 5 x 3 = 15.
- 60 + 15 = 75 Questions and every question carries 4 Marks each.
- Thus, the total marks obtainable of the JEE Mains is 75 x 4 = 300 Marks.
- NEET consists of 180 Questions: 45 from Botany, 45 from Zoology, 45 from Physics, and 45 from Chemistry.
- Each question carries 4 marks.
- Therefore, the total number of marks obtainable at NEET is: 180 Questions x 4 = 720 Marks.
Finally, another key difference between JEE Mains and NEET is the time available to answer the questions. Students should, naturally, be mindful of the time and ensure they are not spending too long per question. However, for JEE Mains, students have 2 minutes and 40 seconds per question. NEET candidates have only 1 minute to solve each questions.
Students who are appearing for both NEET and JEE Mains
should be mindful about the unique differences during preparation. With the correct mindset and the right coaching, you can ace these exams and take a step closer to your future goals!
Share On :
No Comments Available